Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dear Atheists:

So I was walking down LaSalle to get back to my apartment a couple weeks ago, and I see this Billboard...it says "Are you good without God, Millions are." I was completely confused by it so I just stood and stared at it for like 5 minutes. While I was trying to figure out who the hell would put up this kind of billboard a journalism student from Northwestern came up to me to ask me what I thought about the billboard. I told her I was confused because I didn't understand who would put up this kind of sign. She explained it was an atheist organization...and asked me what I thought now. I wish I could have been more articulate since she was interviewing me for an article, but all I could come up with was "well that's just stupid." But even now that I have had time to think about it, I still think its stupid. Why do atheists need to promote themselves? What are you trying to do? Convert people to nothingness? I just do not get what you are trying to promote...I don't care that you don't believe in God, that is your choice, but why would you try and convince other people to not believe in God? At least the Crazy Christians actually believe by getting people to join their religion they are saving them. What are people going to get if they listen to you? Absolutely nothing....well actually you might be getting them an eternity in hell if the crazy Christians are right. So Atheists don't waste your money, promoting your belief in nothing, its not doing anyone any good. You can probably just go ahead and take down that billboard now, it annoys me every time I walk past it.
Thanks,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment