Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dear StreetWise Man:

So on Friday I woke up late for class so I kept the same ratty hoodie I had slept in on, and my hair was a complete mess, in a nasty ponytail with my bang doing this gross "I haven't been straightened" wavy thing. It was also raining that day and I did not have an umbrella. Needless to say I looked like crap. I had an errand to run at the Daley Center, so as I'm walking down Randolph I walk past you. You were selling StreetWise, and as I walk past you, you say "hey pretty, how you doing today." Now StreetWise man you are not fooling anyone when you give out these compliments. I know you are usually the kind of person that would hit on me, but come on dude...I was looking anything but pretty that day. More than likely a compliment would not help you get me to give you money, but you'd have a much better chance if I thought you were sincere. Calling me pretty actually made me even less inclined to give you money because I knew you were clearly lying. So in the future StreetWise man, just ask for money instead of pissing me off more by giving me some cheesy fake compliment.

Thanks,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment